How Do I Connect Bluetooth Headphones To PS3? (Step By Step Guide)
- 21 Nov, 2018
Bluetooth enables you to enjoy wireless freedom while operating a wide range of devices. Through Bluetooth connectivity, you can be able to comfortably hear sounds from your PS3 over a pair of headsets.
But, a person who is not familiar with PS3 ask: How do I connect Bluetooth headphones to PS3?
You may end up assuming that the procedure is simple —just like connecting a headphone adapter into a particular headphone jack. Unfortunately, that is not the case as the PS3 has no head jack. To be on the safe side, you will have to follow the procedures below.
How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To PS3
Paring a Bluetooth headphone to PS3
Before using your Bluetooth headphones, you will have to pair it with PlayStation 3 using the following procedures:
1. Fully charge your Bluetooth headset.
2. Get your ps3 and go to its main menu.
3. Find this option drop column and click on Accessories Settings, then later press Manage Bluetooth Devices.
4. Since there is no Bluetooth device paired with the PS3, a message will pop up saying: "The Bluetooth device has not been registered. Do you want to register it?" Select “Yes” to register.
5. Now power on your Bluetooth Headphones. A flashing red-blue when it is on and in the Pairing Mode.
6. Once the Bluetooth is ready, Go back to Ps3 and press "Start Scanning."
7. Bluetooth devices within range that are ready to be registered will be shown if the scan is successful. In this case, it is your Bluetooth headset. If no device appears, it might be that your device was not correctly prepared for pairing.
8. Next, to complete the pairing procedure, you will need to enter the passkey for your Bluetooth headset. Therefore, enter of “0000” or “1234” as the passkey when prompted. When the pairing is successful, a blue light will flash from the Headset LED for a few seconds.
“A passkey is usually a security feature that secures your PS3-Bluetooth headset connection.”
9. Press OK and then wait for "Register completed" message. This confirmation means that the pairing is complete. Now, your Bluetooth headphone and PS3 share a secure wireless connection.
Setting a Newly Paired Headset as an Input/Output Device
After successfully registering or pairing your headset with the pS3, it is now time to set it as the default Input / Output Audio device so that it can become useful.
1. Return to the main menu of your PS3. Head to the "Accessory Settings" menu to access the "Audio Device Settings" menu.
2. Highlight “Input Device” option through pressing the "X" button the controller. At this point, you will have to choose a proper microphone to relay voice chats. As soon as this menu opens, find the desired microphone input according to your device and then, click the "X" button.
3. Highlight “Output Device” option. Search through the headset options and click "X" to select them. The setup is now ready to be used as a microphone and wireless headphones.
‘After the setup, both the "Input Device" and the "Output Device" will automatically match. This allows players to hear voice chats via the Bluetooth headset.’
4. Now, adjust a comfortable Microphone Level. To do that, speak through the microphone to test the input/output levels of your headphones. If you find the voice coming out of the device too soft, adjust the volume level.
5. After finishing setting go to the bottom part and click OK.
6. That is it! Now, you are ready to play PS3 while hearing the sound on the headphones.
Keep on reading: How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Xbox One?[Easy Setup Guide] »
Recommended Bluetooth Headphones For PS3
#1 - Jbl Bluetooth headphones To PS3
These kinds of headphones one of the most common gaming Bluetooth headphones around. Most gamers attest to the fact that it is easy to connect JBL Bluetooth headphones to PS3. Some of the well-known brands of JBL headphones include:
- JBL underArmour Sports Wireless Train Headphones - These headphones on-ear design that is securely fitting to deliver a cool bass audio sound.
- JBL E65BTNC - It has a decent noise cancellation feature that enables it to give out nice bass-forward audio.
- JBL Everest Elite 750NC- The JBL Everest Elite 750NC headphones amalgamate noise cancellation with a wireless audio feature, but the outstanding one on sound quality is noise reduction.
- JBL E55BT - Apart from the immense quality Bluetooth experience, it provides a rich, and high crisp boosted bass response.
- JBL Everest Elite 700- Offers a comfortable design with a customizable and powerful Bluetooth audio performance.
- JBL Reflect Contour 2 - The headphone entails an exercise-focused design that delivers a balanced Bluetooth audio sound.
#2 - Skullcandy Bluetooth Headphones To PS3
Some say that two heads — or skulls? — are better than one. Skullcandy has moved from the high-end gaming to more budget-conscious gamers. As such it is an affordable wireless headphones option that uses neckbands compared fully wireless earpieces or skimpy cables. It’s well-known brands are:
- Skullcandy Venue - These are relatively low price wireless headphones that entail a decent noise cancellation feature.
- Skullcandy Crusher 360 - Offers bass lovers an outstanding wireless experience.
- SkullcandyHesh 3 - Deliver a strong and solid balance audio experience.
- Skullcandy Crusher Wireless - Give an adjustable bass Bluetooth audio experience which most low-end lovers might find too much to handle.
- SkullcandyiCon Soft - The headphones provide a nice style and sound that many teen gamers love.
#3 - Sony Bluetooth Headphones To PS3
Sony Bluetooth Headphones are a choice favorite for both young and old video game players. It has innovative features that enhance voice quality, voice command, and speech recognition to level-up gaming experience for serious gamers. Some of the notable models are:
- Sony WH-1000XM3
The epitome noise-canceling headphone as it has improved performance and more comfortable fit.
- Sony WH-1000XM2
Although not that comfortable, it is respected as one of the superior headphones around.
- Sony WF-1000X
The best-sounding wireless earphones in the market.
- Sony MDR-XB50BS
A step up in sound compared to other inexpensive wireless headphones.
- Sony MDR-1000X
An excellent sounding headphone with wireless noise-canceling features.
- Sony MW1 Multi-Functional Smart Bluetooth Headset
An average Performing s Bluetooth headphone will plenty of tricks.
- Sony MDR1R
A stylish and highly accurate-sounding balanced headphone that deserve your attention but has a lofty price tag.
- Is it possible to connect Bluetooth headphones toPS3
Yes, it is possible! You can easily connect a Bluetooth headset/headphone to your PlayStation 3. All you have to do is to pair your Bluetooth headphones with your PS3 through following the instructions on “How to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS3” above.
- Can I use any Bluetooth headset with ps3?
Sure, you can easily connect any kind of Bluetooth headphones (with versions above) to your PS3. Bluetooth is a wireless protocol that is universal. However, to be on the safe side, use the ones “Recommended Bluetooth headphones for PS3” above.
- How to do If ps3 Bluetooth passkey error?
Look on your Bluetooth devices. The Default Bluetooth passkey is usually 0000. Otherwise, check to see if another one is listed in your Bluetooth devices’ users guide/instruction manual.
- PS3 Bluetooth headset not working?
While the headset is OFF, go to the headset Bluetooth interface Settings>Accessory Settings>Manage Bluetooth Devices. If there is a Blue dot next to your headset’s name, simply, highlight the Triangle option and select connect.
- PS3 Bluetooth headphones game sound?
PS3 enables you to listen to game sounds via the Bluetooth headsets conveniently. Just follow the procedures above; how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS3.
- PS3 Bluetooth headphones no sound?
This is a common problem. It might be that your Bluetooth headset is not compatible. Therefore obtain a compatible headset for PS3.
- How to connect Bluetooth speakers to ps3?
A regular Bluetooth audio may not work, on the ps3. We recommend you obtain an optical audio speaker system, such as a home theater, or otherwise an RCA to plug into your PS3.
- PS3 Bluetooth headphones Netflix?
Apart from gaming, you can also view Netflix movies through your PS3 Bluetooth headphones. However, you need to find a more compatible headset that can handle both gaming and watching videos.
To Sum Up
Now you have learned how to connect your Bluetooth headphone to your PS3. Go ahead and enjoy the game without disturbance from any person that is around. If you are stranded, just refer to the instructions above.
In case your friend asks you; how do I connect a Bluetooth headphone to PS3? You will be in a better position to offer a good solution.