Non Bluetooth Wireless Headphones for TV and Non-Bluetooth Devices
- 28 Nov, 2018
Did you ever know that there are non-bluetooth wireless headphones that can work only by using radio waves?
Even though most of us associate wireless headphones with Bluetooth only, trust me when I say that there is a way to make anything Bluetooth, you just need to know how to do it.
Luckily, I am here to introduce you to all there is to know. I want to let you know how to make headphones wireless without Bluetooth and how to connect wireless headphones to TV without Bluetooth, as well as to recommend some of the best headphones that are wireless, but not Bluetooth.
What are non-bluetooth wireless headphones?
You must be wondering what exactly non-bluetooth wireless headphones are and how they can function without Bluetooth. Well, you are about to find out that the answer to this is surprisingly simple.
These headphones function similarly to a radio – they use radio waves to transmit audio signals to the base. Radio waves are quite powerful and they can cover a wide range of up to 300 feet, which enables you to walk anywhere around the house, just like with any wireless headphones that use Bluetooth.
In fact, these headphones are superior to Bluetooth headphones in many respects, because they can preserve their sound quality by using radio waves and they even have a wider range than most of the Bluetooth wireless headphones, which is quite impressive. It’s a shame that only a small number of people is aware that this kind of headphones exists.
Wireless headphones for non-bluetooth TV
A large number of TVs, especially the older models, don’t have built-in Bluetooth. If your TV doesn’t have Bluetooth, then you have a pretty good reason to go and get yourself a pair of non-bluetooth wireless headphones for TV. Wireless headphones for TV are usually refered to as dedicated wireless headphones, so you may have already heard of them under that name.
How to connect non-bluetooth wireless headphones for TV
Connecting your non-bluetooth wireless headphones with your TV is really not a very complicated task. The entire process will only take up a couple of minutes of your time and it is fairly easy to figure out how to do it even if you’re not someone who’s very familiar with more modern technology.
1.Connecting the base with your TV
First of all, it is important that you know that all dedicated wireless headphones come with a base. The first thing you’ll have to do in order to connect your headphones to the TV is to plug this base into the TV. This should be fairly easy and it will only take you a minute or so do to it.
2.Testing your headphones
Once you’ve connected the base with your TV, there isn’t much left to do except to test your headphones and check if they’re connected properly. All you have to do is simply play a TV channel or a video or a song and see if they work.
Unless some kind of a more advanced complication comes up, which is quite rare, they should work just fine. As you can clearly see, this whole process is very simple and most people find it much easier than the entire process of Bluetooth connection that’s often full of interruptions or complications and can be quite tiring for someone who doesn’t have the patience to deal with it.
Connect wireless headphones to non-bluetooth devices
You already know by now that all of the wireless headphones without bluetooth come with a base and that this base is plugged into the device that doesn’t have Bluetooth. The process for connecting wireless headphones to non-bluetooth devices is pretty much the same as connecting wireless headphones to a non-bluetooth TV.
All you have to do is connect the base with the device that doesn’t have Bluetooth, your TV or PC for instance, and once that’s done there’s really not much else left to do but to put your headphones on and see if you can play your movie or music.
Best non-bluetooth wireless headphones
What really strikes most people as unusual is the fact that these headphones are much superior in comparison to regular Bluetooth headphones in terms of range and sound quality. The range that Bluetooth wireless headphones provide is quite limited to around 30 ft, while dedicated headphones can offer you a range of up to 300 ft.
This is not an insignificant difference. Also, the fact that dedicated headphones use radio frequency makes their sound of much better quality than the sound that Bluetooth headphones can offer you. This is why rf headphones are a bit more expensive, but if you care about your sound quality and range, you should certainly spend a bit more money in order to be perfectly content.
There is a wide range of different dedicated headphones on the market, so I wanted to help you narrow down your choice by offering you some of the best ones out there. I picked out three models, but you can feel free to do your own research and see what else is there on the market, since there really are many great options and it’s hard to choose the best one among them.
1. Sennheiser RS Wireless Headphones for TV
If you’re looking for good non-bluetooth wireless headphones for TV, one of your best options would be to choose this Sennheiser RS 165 RF Wireless Headphone System. For the price of $178 you can get one of the best and most affordable models of dedicated wireless headphones, according to both Forbes and many customer reviews.
- Great sound quality: These Sennheiser headphones are well-known for their sound quality and bass response. Their sound reproductions is described as detailed and very analytical, which is something that’s quite important for people who put sound quality first when it comes to choosing their headphones.
- Range and reception: The range and reception of these dedicated wireless headphones is very impressive. Their range stretches to 300 ft, which is exactly the range that a good pair of dedicated headphones should have. No doors, walls or other obstacles can prevent these headphones from working. Their reception is great and you will be able to use them anywhere in your apartment.
- White noise: Unfortunately, some of the people who purchased these headphones have been complaining about periodical signal loss and white noise. While it doesn’t happen too often, it’s quite an annoying problem to have when it comes to headphones of this price and quality.
- They are not tight enough: Some people have complained that these headphones are not tight enough and that they keep falling off of their head. Since headphones can easily break if they fall to the floor, this is quite a significant flaw, especially since this means that kids will not be able to use them since they will be way too big for them.
2. Astro gaming A50 headset for TV and video games
Another great choice for both gaming and TV watching is this Astro gaming A50 headset that you can get on Amazon for $298. They are very well reviewed in the gaming world and all over the Internet, they have amazing sound quality and the design is quite cool as well.
- Design and comfort: The black and green design and the shape of these headphones make them look even more expensive than they really are. They look like the perfect gaming headphones and are unbelievably comfy, so you won’t have to worry that your head will hurt from keeping them on for too long.
- Detailed sound and complete immersion: High sound quality is of great importance if we use our headphones for gaming or TV-watching, because we want to be completely immersed into the story and all the sound nuances and effects. This is why these headphones are so popular among the gamers and young people.
- They are too expensive: I have to admit that these headphones are surely a bit too expensive if we consider the fact that you can find headphones of nearly the exact same quality for a price that’s almost two times lower than this. Still, if these headphones fit your criteria, the price shouldn’t matter that much.
- Problems with charging: I came across a number of people complaining that they had certain problems with charging these headphones. Apparently, the charging station works fine at first, but after a short time the battery quality drops, the charging is much slower and the battery doesn’t last very long.
3. Sony Wireless RF Headphones for TV
According to many online sources, forums and reviews by customers, Sony MDRRF985RK Wireless RF Headphones are the best of the best. You can get them on Amazon for around $180 or even less if you want to buy used headphones. This model is probably your best choice when it comes to both its price and its quality.
- Noise reduction system: These Sony headphones have a noise reduction system, which is a huge advantage in comparison to the rest of the models. It’s quite important to be able to use your headphones without bothering the people around you. If everyone around you can hear the sound coming out of your headphones, there really isn’t much point in using them. Not only do these headphones prevent other people from hearing what you’re listening to, they also block the outside noise so that you can enjoy your content without any disturbances.
- Easily-adjustable headband: The headband on these headphones is very easy to adjust, which means that anyone can use them and stay comfortable while using them. There is no need to worry about them being too tight or being so loose that they fall off your head.
- Signal interference: Unfortunately, the perfect pair of headphones probably doesn’t exist yet, so even nearly perfect headphones such as these have to have a flaw. Some of the customers have been complaining about signal interference that happens when they use these headphones. Luckily, it’s not too common, but it should be noted that it has happened to some people.
- The battery dies without a warning: When the battery is about to die on your headphones, there should be some kind of a beep or a warning sound so that you can pause the movie and go charge your headphones. But these headphones have no warning before their battery dies, they just stop working and you’re left to wonder what happened.
Even though I would recommend dedicated headphones to anyone, I do realize that these options might be a bit too expensive for some of you, so I wanted to offer you some alternatives, such as wireless adapters. Although the sound quality will be worse if you use wireless adapters instead of dedicated headphones, they are still a more affordable option for most people.
In fact, there are many wireless adapters out there for a fairly low price that you can use to add Bluetooth to any device. I chose two models that I personally found to be the best options for you, but there are many other options available online and you can choose something more suitable if these options are not the best fit for you.
1.Mini Bluetooth Car Adapter
While I was searching for the best options on Amazon, this Mini Bluetooth Car Adapter immediately caught my attention. It has great customer reviews, it’s very easy to use, has dual connection and quite wide compatibility with other devices, and it is surprisingly inexpensive. You can get this Bluetooth adapter for only $17, which is much cheaper in comparison to any pair of dedicated wireless headphones, so if you are not in a position to spend too much money, this is the best option for you.
2.TaoTronics Bluetooth Transmitter
An option that’s only a little bit more expensive than the previous one, but still very useful, is this TaoTronics Bluetooth Transmitter which you can get on Amazon for a price of only $27. Of course, customer reviews for this transmitter are very positive and you can use it to add the Bluetooth option to almost anything – this is a bluetooth transmitter for TV, iPod, PC and many other devices.
How can you connect wireless headphones to a PC without Bluetooth?
There are multiple ways to connect wireless headphones to a PC without Bluetooth. The first option is to simply buy a Bluetooth adapter, which should be easy for you now that you’re familiar with them. However, if you do not wish to buy a wireless adapter, there are other solutions for this as well.
There is this great article I came across recently that explains in detail how you can add Bluetooth to your computer if you feel like putting in a bit more effort into this and saving some money. I definitely recommend that you check it out if you plan on solving this yourself. You should also check if your computer already has Bluetooth prior to doing anything, because sometimes PCs have Bluetooth but it’s not immediately visible or functional.
How do I make my non-bluetooth TV Bluetooth enabled without a headphone jack?
Many TVs come without a headphone jack, which can be quite tricky if you ever plan on using headphones while watching TV. Bluetooth can come in quite handy here, and there are several easy ways to upgrade your TV so that it can use Bluetooth. The best option is to install an add-on that will enable your TV to use Bluetooth.
These add-ons are typically called ‘’Android Dongles’’. The entire point of using android dongles is to basically turn your TV into a Smart TV and add many different useful characteristics to it, Bluetooth among them. One of the best and most popular add-ons of this kind is named ‘’Google Chromecast’’ and you can download it for about $25 in order to get Bluetooth for your TV that doesn’t have a headphone jack.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to non-bluetooth TV?
If you own Bluetooth headphones, but your TV doesn’t have Bluetooth, the solution for this is quite easy, and you can probably even figure it out yourself after reading this article.
The solution would be either to buy a wireless Bluetooth adapter for your TV or to give up on your Bluetooth headphones and get yourself a nice pair of dedicated headphones. The choice is yours, depending on how much money you’re willing to spend and how important sound quality is to you.
In conclusion, non-bluetooth wireless headphones are a great choice in regards of sound quality and range, but you will need to set aside some money if you want to get yourself a pair. If you don’t feel like dedicated wireless headphones are the most appropriate choice for you, you can always get a wireless adapter for a rather small price and add Bluetooth to any device.
However, now that you know that there are headphones that work without Bluetooth only by using radio waves, it wouldn’t hurt to at least try them out in a store and see if they’re the right fit for you.